Beneficiary: PRIMARIA MUNICIPIULUI BUCURESTI
Main contract target: Supervision services for Rehabilitation and modernization of Bucharest wastewater treatment plant EUROPEAID/120608/D/W/ RO/ISPA/2004/RO/16/P/PE/003-03 – GLINA.For this contract works’ supervision services have been supplied for:
- Rehabilitation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant in Bucharest for about 1,8 million P.E.;
- Rehabilitation and completion of the water line;
- Rehabilitation and completion of the sludge line;
- Retention tanks for excess pluvial water;
- Demolition of all degraded and worn constructions;
- Construction of water supply and sewage system in Glina (Catelu, Manolache and Glina villages), – 28,3 Km water supply networks, 21,7 km sewerage networks;
- Rehabilitation of 2 clarifier tanks, 8 pluvial water tanks
- Rehabilitation of concrete and pre-stressed concrete constructions – 8 primary clarifiers, 6 aeration tanks
Beneficiary: S.C. COMPANIA DE APA ARAD S.A.
Main contract target: Technical Assistance in the form of supervision services for the implementing of 14 works’ contracts in order to improve the water and sewerage service infrastructure in Arad county, Romania.Funded through the Cohesion Fund in POS Environment (2007-2013) Axis 1, with an approximate value of 520,2 million Lei, this project’s general target is to improve the quality and access to the water and wastewater infrastructure, by ensuring the water distribution and waste water collection services in most of the urban areas and establishing the regional effective structures for the management of water and sewerage services. In order to achieve this target, the project foresees the following measures:
- Ensure the access to potable water for all inhabitants in Arad County;
- Water supply for all population, both urban and rural and reduce the water losses on the pipelines;
- Ensure and improve the potable water quality in all rural and urban clusters through adequate treatment processes;
- Achieving the potable water supply centralized systems;
- Extension and rehabilitation of existing sewerage systems;
- Improving the quality and safety of the water supply by rehabilitating the technically uncompliant installations;
- Ensure that the industrial pollution and its effects on the environment are kept under control in accordance with existing action plans;
- Attenuate the health risks regarding the untreated of insufficient treated waste water discharge, as well as remove the flooding risks;
- Modernisation and equipping the water treatment plants, thus ensuring the water quality compliance within the limits foreseen by the applicable laws;
- Increase the connection for water and sewerage systems in all clusters;
- Implementing innovative and effective water management structures;
- Achieving savings regarding operation costs involved in water and sewerage system management;
- Rehabilitation of water reservoirs and building new ones, rehabilitation of pumping stations, rehabilitation and extension of water supply networks;
- Rehabilitation of inlet pipes from the water treatment plants to distribution system.
For more details regarding Extension and modernization of water and wastewater infrastructure in Arad County, please visit http://www.caarad.ro/posmediu/.
Beneficiary: COMPANIA REGIONALA DE APA BACAU S.A.
Main contract target: Technical Assistance for Project Management and Works’ Supervision for – Extension and rehabilitation of water and wastewater infrastructure in Bacau countyFunded through the Cohesion Fund in POS Environment (2007-2013) Axis 1, with an approximate value of 507 million Lei, this project’s general target is to improve the access to the water and wastewater infrastructure, by ensuring the water distribution and waste water collection services in most of the urban areas included in the project, with accessible fees for the population of Bacau county, thus contributing to the achievement of the POS Environment global target, which is the protection and improvement of environment quality and life standards in Romania, in accordance with the provision of Community acquis regarding environmental protection. In order to achieve this target, the project foresees the following measures:
- Increase the percentage of water supply and sewerage system coverage for up to 90% of urban clusters included in the project;
- Improving the quality of water streams and reduce the health risks determined by the untreated or insufficient treated wastewater discharge and ensuring the adequate quality of potable water;
- Savings for the operation costs associated to the exploitation of water and sewerage systems;
- Evacuation, treatment and improvement of the sludge strategies in accordance with the European specification regarding the environment and soil protection, when using sludge from treatment plants in agriculture;
- Rational use of water resources;
- Increasing the reliability and duration of water supply system;
- Reduce the potable water consumption for industrial purposes;
- Rehabilitation, modernization and extension of potable water distribution network;
- Rehabilitation and extension of sewerage networks;
- Rehabilitation of old treatment plants;
- Construction of new waste water treatment plants with mechanical-biological stages and third treatment stages;
- Phased construction of waste water treatment plants in rural areas.
Beneficiary: S.C. AQUACARAS S.A.
Main contract target: Development of technical – economical documentation necessary to continue the local strategies of water and wastewater sector development, in order to achieve the targets assumed by Romanian in the European Union Adhesion TreatyThe specific targets of the contract consist of preparing the funding application, including support documents necessary in accordance with the Tender Dossier and AM POS Mediu requests (Feasibility Studies, Cost-Benefit Analysis) in correlation with the revised Master Plan; climate change risk assessment, measures in order to reduce climate change risks, ensuring the necessary support(technical, economical, financial, environmental, taking into account the projects’ impact over climate change and measures for adapting to climate change) through the evaluation stage for the proposed project; tender documents for works contracts, supply contracts and service contracts, which has to be part of the feasibility studies; support during the tendering period for “execution” contracts, technical assistance for the Designer, in accordance with Law 10/1995; technical assistance for project management (including the update of the county Master Plan); technical assistance for supervision of 11 works’ contracts during the implementation of the project. The technical assistance for Project Management includes the following main activities:
- Project Management support;
- Project publicity;
- Industrial waste water management;
- Sludge and wastewater treatment plants residue;
- Updating and development of the GIS System;
- Development of a modern hydraulic system for the water and sewerage infrastructure;
- Development of an effective water loss detection management system for the distribution lines and infiltrations in the sewerage systems;
- Support for operating and maintenance of ISPA and POS Mediu phases I and II investments;
- Updating the county Master Plan.
Beneficiary: COMPANIA DE APA TARGOVISTE – DAMBOVITA S.A.
Main contract target: Technical assistance for project management, including technical assistance of the Designer and supervision of works for the project – Extension and rehabilitation of water and wastewater infrastructure in Dambovita County.Within this contract we provide supervision services for 10 works’ contracts, both Red and Yellow Book, and we provide the projects’ technical assistance, which includes:
- Project Management Support;
- Implementing a GIS system for water and wastewater systems
- Development of a modern hydraulic system for water and wastewater systems
- Development of a water pipelines loss detection system
- Acquisition of a SCADA system
- Industrial wastewater management
- Wastewater treatment plants residue management
- Promotion and publicity campaign
- Updating the Master Plan
- Set up of the tender dossiers and technical assistance for the Designer on site during the project implementation period. Within this activity, we have had projects and tender dossiers for 4 Red FIDIC Books and 4 Yellow FIDIC Books.
- Tender dossiers for supply and acquisition contracts
- Action plans for water sources protection
- Updating the Master Plan
Beneficiary: S.C. APA SERV S.A.
Main contract target: Technical Assistance for Supervision of Work for Rehabilitation and extension of water supply and sewerage systems in Teleorman County, Romania.For this contract, there have been supplied works’ supervision services for:
- Extension and rehabilitation of water intake for Alexandria cluster
- New potable water intake pipeline
- Extension and rehabilitation of 5 pumping and treatment facilities
- New water tanks
- Extension and rehabilitation of 5 waste water treatment plants
- Extension and rehabilitation of water supply and sewage system, including wastewater pumping stations for 5 clusters:
- Water supply networks’ extension – ~ 44 km
- Sewage network replacement – ~2 km
- Sewage network extension - ~ 35 km
- Construction of 7 pumping stations
- Rehabilitation of 1 pumping station
Beneficiary: CONSILIUL JUDEŢEAN BACAU
Main contract target: Technical Assistance for project management and supervision of construction works for the support of Bacau County Council for Solid waste integrated management system in Bacau county.For this contract, supervision services have been supplied for the following works:
- Onesti transfer station, which ensures the efficiency of residual waste from the collection area to Bacau landfill.
- Sorting station Onesti, which ensures the separation of waste derived from selective collection of material, for recycling purposes
- Waste composting plant, which will be serving 35 localities from the west side of the county.
- 940 individual composting units (200 l – 240 l)
- 297 containers for the separate waste collection (3 m3)
- 99 containers for separate waste collection (1,1 m3)
- 4179 plastic containers for separate waste collection (1,1 m3)
- 539 plastic trash cans for biodegradable waste (PEID, PE, PP) (120 l)
- 756 plastic trash cans for rural residual waste (120 l)
Beneficiary: CONSILIUL JUDEŢEAN DOLJ
Contract main target: Technical assistance for project management, supervision of construction works and awareness campaign for Integrated waste management system in Dolj County.For this contract, the following services have been supplied:
- Support for the implementation of the collection and separate collection of recyclable waste for all county – acquisition of containers, trash cans and means of transportation
- Supervision for construction of a sorting station with an overall capacity of 44.000 t/year and two composting plants in Craiova and Calafat
- Supervision for construction of 4 transfer plants: Bailesti, Calafat, Dobresti and Filiasi
- Supervision for closing the noncompliant municipal landfills in Calafat, Filiasi and Segarcea.
- Technical assistance for delegation of waste management services – tender dossiers, support for acquisition process: clarification period, experts for tender evaluation
- Support in the equipment acquisition process (individual composting units, buried containers for collection of residual wastes, containers for separate collection of waste and collection of recyclable wastes)
- Technical assistance for public awareness campaign
- Updating the waste master plan and drafting the investment priority list
Beneficiary: VASLUI COUNTY
Contract main target: Supervision of works’ contracts for Solid waste integrated management system in Vaslui County.
For this contract, supervision services have been supplied for the following works:
- Construction of Rosiesti landfill (first cell – 97.000m2 and auxiliary installation) construction and commissioning of the sorting station and leachate treatment plant;
- Construction of 4 transfer stations (Vaslui, Barlad, Huşi şi Negreşti) and 734 selective waste collection platforms;
- Closing the existing urban landfills in Vaslui county – Huşi, Negreşti and Barlad.
Funded from the Cohesion Fund within Axis 1 of POS Mediu (2007-2013), this project, with an approximate value of 132 million Lei has as main target to ensure the successful construction works regarding the waste management in Vaslui county, in accordance with national and European standards.